Who isn’t a fan of potatoes? One of the ultimate comfort foods not only taste great, but are low in calories and packed with Vitamin C and B-6. Potato salad may seem like a summer picnic treat, but when it taste this good – it’s hard to wait!
Classic Potato Salad
And there you have it, a quick and easy recipe for one hearty potato salad! Enjoy!
- 1 ½ pounds unpeeled white potatoes
- 4 strips vegan ‘bacon’
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons mined white onion
- ¾ cup vegan mayonnaise (I like Veganaise – available at Whole Foods)
- 1 tablespoon soy milk or soy creamer
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes and add to salted boiling water. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet, brown the ‘bacon’ strips and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, salt, pepper, soy milk, mustard and vinegar. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the celery, onion and relish.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, toss in the celery mixture and gradually add the dressing until desired creaminess is achieved. I like a lot of dressing, so I add it all!
- Crumble the bacon strips and add to the salad, mixing gently.