Recipe: Go Green – Eat Guacamole!
One of my favorite fruits, the avocado. You got to love it for its’ simplicity and versatility. I make this recipe almost every week and use it as a dip, spread, on chili and salads. The possibilities are endless…
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small Roma tomato (diced)
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste.
- Slice each avocado in half and scoop the center out using a metal spoon. In a medium bowl, mash the avocado until desired consistency. A food processor can be used if you would like a creamy, lump free dip.
- Stir in the lime juice until well blended and add sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste.
- Add the diced tomato, red onion, garlic & cilantro. Mix well and add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or fresh vegetables. Try adding a spoonful to some veggie chili!
Don’t throw away the seeds! Did you know that placing the seeds back into the completed dip (covered and refrigerated) helps prevent your guac from turning brown?
Give your guacamole a little kick – consider adding 2 tsp of ground paprika.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Diet type: Vegan
Diet (other): Raw
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Copyright © Vegan Hogg 2010.
Microformatting by hRecipe.