Hail to Kale! This tasty salad not only packs a ton of flavor but it’s also chock full of nutrition. Loaded with Vitamins A, B and C. Oh, did I mention Iron and Protein? So move over spinach, Popeye has a new love and her name is Kale!
- 1 bunch of curly kale chopped with stems removed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 large carrot, shaved
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or walnut oil
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- juice from 1 small orange
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Mix all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Remove the inner rib of the kale leaves. Chop kale into bite size pieces. Add kale to the bowl of dressing and mix well. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
Add the shaved carrots, garbanzo beans and walnuts to the salad and mix well. Add the quinoa last. It’s important that the quinoa is completely cooled before adding, preferably chilled. If it is warm the quinoa will clump up in the salad and not mix well. Add additional salt and pepper, if desired. Enjoy!!