Here I go again with the pumpkin! I can’t get enough of this rich and savory fruit…well, maybe except for pumpkin pie. I despise pumpkin pie! Say whaaat?? Weird, huh? Anyhoo, back to the good stuff. This big ol’ bowl of oats is decadent and sweet and will surely keep you on your feet, all morning long. So get your booty out of bed, head into the kitchen and get to cooking. Enjoy! ✌️&❤️
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon or more non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon earth balance buttery spread
- a pinch of sea salt
- In a small pot, boil the water and add the earth balance and salt.
- Once water is boiling, add oats.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook until water is absorbed (about 5 minutes) and remove from heat.
- Add the non-dairy milk if the oatmeal is too thick for your liking.
Maple Glazed Apples and Pecan Ingredients:
- 1 small to medium sized Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon earth balance buttery spread
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pecans, whole or chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- In a small skillet, heat the earth balance over medium heat until melted.
- Add the chopped apples and cook for a minutes or two, until just soft.
- Add maple syrup, pecans, canned pumpkin and pumpkin spice and give it a stir to combine.
- Cook this mixture for about another minute or until apples are nice and soft.
- Remove from heat and add this mixture to the cooked oats. Mix it all up and add extra non-dairy milk, if too thick.
- Serve in a big bowl topped with pecans, drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with pumpkin spice.
- Now dig in and enjoy!
Makes 1 huge serving or 2 small servings.